Friday, September 19, 2008

Memories

I've noticed that I generally blog about my memory of something as it's triggered by something happening "in the now" if you will. Anyways, my cousin posted something similar to this a couple months ago and I thought it was interesting, but I'm going to add a little bit of my own twist to it.

His post (my cousin Aaron's) was something like this: Post a comment of a memory you have with me, any memory, whatever you want, whether you've known me forever or just a short time. He noted he would come to your blog and post a memory of you too if you made this same type of post. I will do the same but what I'm really going to do is if you post a memory I will write my own blog post with my own viewpoint of that experience-whatever it is. If this idea is totally lame you can tell me that too, but I kind of have a goal to start writing more often as I enjoy writing, but every time I think about it I feel like lately I'm getting a writer's block of sorts; maybe something like this will get me on a roll.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

My favorite memories of you are recent. Although I have many, my two favorites are the day you got married, and when we took down the cabin swing.

Great memories.

Brad said...

Taking down the cabin swing... HOW ON EARTH IS THAT A GOOD MEMORY???? That was a very tragic day... every time I'm up at Back of the Moon I get ticked about that swing being gone... rest assured... as soon as our sweet grandmother passes on... us cousins will have to make a great memory putting that swing back up!!!!

Two memories of Brandon.... playing slamball with Brandon, Christian Mason, and a few others at Brandon's childhood home on Borg Drive (circa 1991-1993).

Also... witnessing you eat your "first steak" on the King Fisher II (circa 1989).

Lumpy said...

good memories:

1. back in the student government days as sophomores we were hanging out in mr randalls room when all of the sudden the coke you were trying to open exploded on you. in response you of course ran to the garbage can by the door or something like that to eliminate any possible damage to mr randalls carpet. the funniest part of it all though was how you yelled something to the effect of "what the fuh!" right as mr randall was coming through the classroom door and as you were speeding to the garbage can. he of course did not approve of this type of language from an officer and i think gave you a talking to or something like that...cant remember all the details, just that everyone was laughing.

2. you and noel's prom night and how you ended up calling her autumn a number of times. - - the best however was the next monday at school when i was talking to you and was acting like the fact that i didnt kiss darci when she wanted me to after the dance was a BIGGER deal than you actually calling your date the wrong name...three times. i specifically remember you looking at me finally and saying i was an idiot or something like that and that your situation with noel was one thousand times worse than mine was...which was true. anyway, i remember thinking after that, "oh man, that does suck for him...at least my date wanted to kiss me at the end of the night"

3. thinking for some reason we were funny in mrs. spiveys class and that we could get a rise out of her by acting gay. actually i think it was lexi harlan who dared us to do it. i think she wanted us to go up to her desk holding hands or something like that, ask her a question, and then see what she would do...pretty lame. anyway, of course when we went up to her desk and asked her a question she didnt even bother to look up at us from her paper work. after standing there for a few seconds we obviously realized how dumb of an idea the whole thing was and promptly (rather sheepishly) returned to our desks.

4. hanging out with you and jacob and the other officers our eigth grade year at the festival of trees. nothing like missing class when you are in middle school for
"important business". i distincly remember thinking we were cool cause rose took us to mcdonalds after and we got to play the monopoly sweep stakes going on at the time.