Monday, October 6, 2008

7 Random Things

My cousin said I was "tagged" and while I won't forward it (I don't forward emails so I won't forward this) I don't mind receiving forward emails. I still owe a few memory explanations as well, most notably to my friend Butter, but those are forthcoming as I continue to gather my thoughts weeks later. 7 random things that, if you know me, you probably already knew:

1-I'm a fitness/health fanatic, yet I'm fat and I eat the worst foods possible. Rachel probably knows this best (obviously she probably knows all of these things best being my wife and best friend!) I know EXACTLY what is needed to be in superb shape. I could tell you the perfect diet to rip you into shape in no time at all. I love reading about health and fitness: magazines, articles, books, etc. I've studied them all and I continue to read about it. So why am I so fat and out of shape? Well, there's one little problem: I love to eat! I love to eat pizza, hamburgers, french fries, donuts, drink soda, cake, ICE CREAM, bread, and everything else fattening and unhealthy. I keep saying "someday" but that day hasn't arrived yet.

2- I'm a huge reader. Speaking of reading fitness articles, I read pretty much everything. I love reading the news, books, magazines, etc. I could read the internet all day every day finding different articles about various random stuff (obviously after an exhaustive list of sports articles). When I worked for Comcast and really DID read the internet all day I pretty much had espn, sports illustrated, cbs sportsline, foxsports, desnews, sltrib, cougarblue, cougarboard, jazzfanz, realgm, and a few other .com sports websites memorized (seriously, I could've given you the inside scoop on hockey, which I don't even remotely care about).

3-I can't grow a good beard. My facial hair sucks (Rachel hates it anyway). I can't grow a full beard, it just grows long and ugly, not thick, so I pretty much can't grow a beard or a goatee, but I can grow a sweet mustache! I also have red facial hair which I think is weird.

4-I love music videos. I've written this before but I LOVE music videos. When I was little early morning Saturday had "Saturday Morning Videos" on one of the channels. Then in my teen years we had "The Box" which I would watch all night while working the graveyard shift at Pepperwood. (I never had MTV/VH1 growing up). Now I pretty much religiously watch the VH1 top 20 countdown on saturdays unless my cougs are playing. Even if I don't like the song that much, I think videos are cool. I always have ideas of what I would want to do for a music video.

5- I still daydream about playing in the NBA, the NFL, the Majors, etc. Hey, it could happen, right? 27 year-old fatty's make the leap all the time! Just kidding! Well, just kidding about me making some miraculous leap to a pro sports team, not kidding about me daydreaming. I know, I'm a loser!

6-Self esteem booster! I've been told multiple times by different people that I am the smartest person they know. (Totally conceited to write that I know, but hey, I just admitted that I daydream about playing in the NBA too). This is seriuosly the biggest compliment I've ever received in my life, I totally hope I can compliment people and make them feel as happy as I did when I was told that. I'm not really that smart, I attribute it to my mass amounts of trivial knowledge gained by endless reading of articles as mentioned above.

7-I love Bacon! Seriuosly, if you know me. . . Bacon, enough said.

6 comments:

Lumpy said...

dude, you are the smartest person i know. in fact, cush and i were just talking about it the other day at the house.

The Balls said...

O Brandon, my Brandon! You are so funny. When are you going to get a real job and join your loving fam at home? I would like C baby to know the smartest person I know (after my Gandpa P)! LOVE YOU!

Lindsey Stubler said...

I know I'm one of the people who have said that you're the smartest person I know- Me and Mark were just talking about that.

Catey said...

You're going to have to try a little gem we picked up last week called Bacon Salt. Everything should taste like bacon!

C & E said...

Andrew and i decided that you need some pictures of you and your family on this freaking blog!!!

Dr. Lordeslupe said...

Dude!
We have so many things in common.
1. Rachel is my best friend tooooo

and

2. I love bacon sooo much that I want to marry it. Nothing better than a BLT with extra bacon. And on Thanksgiving, I wrap my turkey in bacon for extra flavor and to keep the bird moist.
You are my hero.