Friday, January 11, 2008

Hotel Pool

Is there anything better than warm weather? I say this knowing that my poor wife is at home with a sick child in 20 degree weather with daily snowfall :). To be honest, I usually claim to like winter better than summer because when you're cold you can easily add a coat, etc. to get warm; but when you're hot, there's only so much you can take off. . . :) .

Anyways, tonight I hit up the hotel pool. About 8 o'clock at night and still 75 degrees outside. I had just finished exercising so I was pretty hot; the pool was the perfect option to cool down and feel refreshed. I picked an advantageous night since the rest of this training conference is out drinking the night away (even though we have class tomorrow morning early!). I can't remember the last time I felt such pure relaxation: enjoying the refreshing water, watching the night sky, and just letting my mind unwind.

I have to admit that I've been rather anti-social this week but I recognized when I got down here that I really have an opportunity for some alone time. I miss Rachel and Cannon terribly don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that for the past 5 years I've either been at school or work (school + work= people) pretty much at all times with any extra time obviously devoted to my wonderful wife (and now son). There's something to be said for having some alone time to do what you want to do all by yourself. At the expense of being somewhat of a reject down here (which I would be anyways when I politely decline invites to the club) I feel like I've used this time wisely and truly relaxed.

No comments: