Monday, January 21, 2008

Luxury Ride



I want to ask a question and beg for anybody to reply with some level of relevant answer. How is KIA still in business? I picked up a sweet Kia Rio as my rental for the next two weeks while I'm in Seattle and let me tell you the second I started the car I realized that my Civic is a luxury car in comparison. Actually the first thought through my head was, "Should've accepted the offer to upgrade."

As I sat at the rental counter listening to the guy offer all the upgrades I thought, "I'm driving a 5 minute commute to work and back for two weeks; all I need is something to get me around." Well, I was WRONG! (Rachel will love reading that!) This car has all the standard features. . . from 1985. No power windows, locks, etc. In fact, I'm pretty sure Avis installed an aftermarket CD player just to get it up to 1990's level technology. Just kidding, it's Kia's very own CD player, but I can't help but thinking, "Dude, just give me the tape deck to complete the package!" I don't know why I even care about the radio since I can't hear it over the rice grinding in the engine.

When I reserved the car the website said I would get something similar to a Hyundai Accent. Well I never thought I'd utter this phrase in my life, but as I got into the car and started to drive, I couldn't help but chuckle, "Well, she ain't no Hyundai!"

I shouldn't be so harsh, the trunk is surprisingly big for the size of the car, and. . . and. . . and. . . well I don't need the trunk for any reason and that's pretty much the only positive I can think of. So I'm pumped for two weeks in Seattle with my sweet ride!

Sidenote-I can't believe I was in Florida a week ago, the SLC for the final half of the week, and now Seattle. I've arguable traveled the least of anybody I know and suddenly I've literally crossed the country in the span of a week. Too bad it would've been cool when I was 18 or something instead of away from my wife and child for so long :(

3 comments:

Lumpy said...

dude my bro drives a rio. thats awsome.

The Balls said...

HELLO! You are there on business which means that KPMG pciks up the bill! UPGRADE! That dollar a day isn't looking so bad now is it?!?! But hey, why am I wasting my time talking to a man who is eating cereal from a Wendy's cup with a frosty spoon!!!! A dollar a day bro, a dollar a day! Maybe now you can treat us to a night of the dollar menu! HA! HA! HA! Love you and miss you lots!

Brad said...

I agree... you need to get a nice ride... not the luxury or sports car... but at least get a decent mid-sized... especially if it's on KPMG. Heck... I think I would rather have a bike then a Kia!