Sunday, March 9, 2008

Mind of a Teenager

Rachel and I were cleaning our basement yesterday and I came across a notebook that had a journal I wrote all of my senior year of high school. Wondering what's on the mind of a teenage boy? Pretty much one thing. . . Kissing Girls!!! Yeeeah!!!! Well, then we called it "getting action" so pretty much if any of the boys got so much as even a little peck from a girl they "got action."

Unfortunately, most of my entries talk about my plan to "get action" instead of my experiences "getting action." I'm pretty sure that was the case for most of my friends as well, even though they might tell you differently.

I'm pretty sure I need to throw it away because it has quite the amount of self-incriminating entries. Rachel read it and laughed her head off all night long. She thinks I should post the whole thing on here. I'm tempted, but no. I can't imagine even my kids reading what was going on through my 18-year old mind, let alone anybody else. Luckily after Rachel took me to the dance at the end of my senior year I wrote that it turned out awesome instead of writing something like, "My date with that Rachel girl totally sucked." I probably would've landed in the doghouse for the night with something like that!

Also, it appears that I had quite the amount of really self-incriminating entries because as I thumbed through the notebook I noticed I had lots of pages half torn out. Obviously I went back at some point and tore out entries that I thought were bad or something. Man, if I thought they were bad then, then I'm sure they would be crazy now because I was embarrassed at the entries that I left!

Anyways, Rachel has convinced me to post some entries but I must notify in advance for any who don't know (which is very few people) that my language in high school was very R-rated. If I post any further entries I'll be sure to give a rating up front as a warning. This one is PG-13, with apologies to Mark Stubler (I know Lindsey reads my blog so hopefully she won't be mad either:)). The entry is verbatim with my new thoughts in parenthesis.
12-12-1999
Friday we played Jordan in b-ball. We lost in double overtime (No worries, we won state that year!). After the game I was yelling (in the parking lot) "let's go" to Mark. Some Jordan drill-team chic sarcastically yelled, "Yeah, let's go!" I screamed back, "Hey! You're Ugly!" Her friend yelled "Hey! Show some respect!" Jeff Davis started arguing with them then one said "Why don't you apologize?" I yelled, "Why don't you burn in hell!" She yelled, "Why are you guys such dicks?!" Mark Stubler jumped in right as the Jordan Principle came up behind me and Ms. Garret (Copper Hills VP) pulled up behind him, and yelled, "Why are you girls such sluts!" They yelled back, "Hey! Apologize!" He said, "I'll apologize right after I show you my ass!" Then Ms. Garret jumped in. It was pretty funny, but she was pretty pissed. But we talked to her at the Christmas stomp last night and she said it was funny, too. So it's all right.

I've read this post like 10 times in the past 24 hours and I break out laughing every time. Very uncharacteristic of me to lash out like that at a random girl. Even Rachel commented, "I never have known you to be mean like that." That' s probably why such a menial interchange is so memorable. I'm sure the girl thought she could say something since her team just won. Obviously she had no idea we would bring it so strong! I'm still laughing. I should've been meaner in high school. I would have more funny memories like this.

9 comments:

The Balls said...

Dearest Brandon,

You are the funniest dude ever!!!!
I am so glad that I had a BranDON blog to read this morning. It totally cheered me up. Boy, you are lucky you went to that dance with Rachel. I would love to read your journal one day. I am VERY impressed that you even wrote in one. Hopefully, Cannon will be just like you and know all the current slang and write it down so YOU can read it someday.
Hurry and write another.....I am waiting impatiently.

Dr. Lordes Lupe

Lumpy said...

classic!...im actually wondering if there's any way to order a limited edition copy of the journal. let me know. in the mean time, my vote is to keep em coming.

The Lind's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Lind's said...

You said that you wrote about wanting action...but not about actually getting it...do you think your sweetness had anything to do with that? Just kidding!! That journal entry is too funny! Great job at keeping a journal.

So I just read about your braces. I have to laugh because when I had braces as adult not only would I not smile...I would hold my hand up over my mouth when I talked. Gerry would always say no one even notices until you hold your hand up. He was just being sweet! But isn't the smooth feeling of straight teeth the BEST!

Becca

Lindsey Stubler said...

TOO FUNNY! I seriously laughed out loud forever and had to make Mark read it... By the way, he denies everything and has no memory of that night whatsoever! I'm ready for some more---

Jeff and Brandi said...

HAHAHA, Classic! Keep them coming Balltrain

Bree said...

TOO RICH!

Casey said...

.....that was depressing.........thanks for effectively destroying any cherishable past memories....

Spencer said...

Getting action...classic. I'm so glad I didn't keep a journal in high school.