Monday, May 12, 2008

Anonymous Comment

So I get a nice comment from a random pistolpete (profile not posted so I don't know who it is) trying to make some statement about how Malone has a kid. "How do you like Malone now?" he says, "I thought so." Umm, pretty sure you thought wrong moron. What type of loser comes into my blog where I pretty much write down my own thoughts and feelings for friends and family to read and for myself to reflect on in the future and tries to act like my blog is some fan-discussion site? This isn't jazzfanz.com or realgm; if I wanted to fight about Malone then I would post on one of those sites, not on my regular blog. But since you did, I'm obviously going to take the bait and respond. I'm going to go out on a limb and say I can hang with pretty much anybody out there when it comes to sports knowledge, especially current events. You think I don't know about Demetrius Bell, Malone's kid who just got drafted by the Buffalo Bills? Of course I know about him, Cheryl Ford, and any other fallacy of Malone's character you want to bring up. You might have noticed that I chose my words carefully saying that I loved to watch Malone play; that doesn't mean I support illegitimate children running around the world. If I had to keep track of all the saints in the world of sports, I'd end up giving up sports altogether. There are just too many bad guys running around in basketball and football (the two sports I really care about. I mean, seriously, can anybody even name a complete starting line up for even 1 hockey team? I didn't think so). All I can say about Malone and his kids is that I hope he's fixed his ways, which I assume/hope he has. And now my hipocrite confession: As much as I love the Jazz, I love my family and the Gospel more. I've railed on Kobe to my friends about how I hate him because he's an adulterer and worse, etc. but hopefully in reality people who make mistakes turn it around and are truly good people going forward. I would hate to think he or anybody else in any situation is cheating on their wives or having illegitimate children. Nothing is more precious than life and trust; I don't know the full details of either Malone's or Kobe's situations, but again I hope they're good people now. As for on the court, Kobe is the best in the game today but plays for the team I hate the most; Malone is still my all-time fave. Sidenote: one of the best lessons I learned in college was an object lesson where the whole class voted on the punishment for somebody who made a mistake. Right after reading the scenario, the whole class would vote for "justice", but after thinking about it and discussing it for a while, the majority would inevitabley swing to "mercy". Interesting how that works; I started this post with the intention of reeking "justice" on my commenter, but I end up preaching (to myself mostly as far as Kobe goes) "mercy". Just an interesting thought.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Stuff like that chaps the hide. I get comments on my own board, some from my own family that really bugs me. I guess that is risk we take in putting our thoughts down for the world to see.