Tuesday, May 27, 2008

MySpace and Facebook

So I don't know why but the other night I basically wanted to have a high school reunion for myself (I'm a dork I know I still live in high school from 10 years ago). Sometimes going through all these blog links you track down people you haven't seen in years and you see what they are up to. I thought it was pretty cool, but in the blogspot world you can't really search for anybody, you just have to get lucky with the trail of links.

So what did I do? I signed up on facebook and myspace! I've always heard they were evil websites crawling with predators (who isn't a predator these days right?) Maybe I'm being too cavalier with my email posted all over the place for people to contact me if they want to. Anyways, I actually found that both of these sites aren't TOO bad; facebook clearly being the better of the two, but on both you can set it to private and restrict access to your page.

So anyways, I searched Copper Hills and found tons of people from the old days. I didn't really send out very many friend requests, just saw that people had accounts and thought, "Oh yeah! I haven't talked to that person in years!" So anyways, a little plug for the two "social networking" sites. All I really did on both was say "go to my blog or email me" so I don't plan on updating it, but it's actually cool to have some sites like that to remember old friends.

No comments: