Sunday, June 15, 2008

All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi!

If you knew that line comes from the song "Institutionalized" before just reading it, kudos to you.

Hopefully big post night tonight, we'll see how I feel, but I'm sitting in a Florida hotel waiting for tomorrow to come to get my week of training over with to head back home. I've been down here for over a week already with my family on vacation and now I have to sit through a week of work before I can go home. After this week I will have spent nearly a month of 2008 in Florida! Crazy times for me.

Anyways, on to the purpose of this post. Coca-cola as many may know is the #1 word in the world. That's right, it is a word that transcends languages; basically, we're going to learn that Coca-cola is part of the Adamic language (if you don't know what that is find somebody who does) because it's already universally understood! Well, in the past 9 days or so I've been to Sea World, a Carnival Cruise, and to Disney World (with McDonald's as the exclusive fast food chain of Disney World Resorts) and all are exclusively Coca-Cola. Now, I got over the fact that I paid $30 on the cruise for my 4 days worth of 1/2 can at a time "unlimited" drinks, $7 for my Sea World "refillable at $2" souvenir cup, and $2+ depending on the kiosk and park you bought your drink at from Disney World 20 oz Cokes, can't I at least get a little variety?

Keep in mind this is coming from somebody who loves Coke. I have no problem at all with Coke, I drink it all the time and it is Rachel's absolute favorite drink, but I couldn't help but notice myself noticing a guy with a 20 oz Diet Dr. Pepper and telling Rachel, "Hey, where did he get that?" I'm a big fan of Diet DP and Pepsi as well and considering I was on a historical soda binge (I'm sure I had at least my 2,000 daily calorie intake from soda alone) I would've appreciated some varitey in the process.

What is sitting next to me as I write this post and complain? A 44 oz McDonald's Coca-Cola, in my opinion the best tasting Coke out there.

By the way, the chorus to the song I mentioned above is "I'm not crazy" :)

No comments: