Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ticket to Ride!

Don't have too much bad to say about my experience these past few days at Disney World with one glaring exception: scooter rentals! Holy crap, on multiple occasions I wanted to swear at somebody (even with the thousands of kids around!) at somebody cruising through the massive crowd on a little scooter! Just like the ones at grocery stores, slow moving, loud honking, and beeping when in reverse. Disney rents them out like strollers to whoever wants to pay. It is obvious to me that they are raking in profits just from scooter rentals; these things were everywhere!

Now, if a person is disabled, old, crippled, or something reasonable I think I could understand it. The thing is, the vast majority of the people on the scooters were just fat slobs who didn't want to walk all day. Hey buddy, you NEED the excercise! I'm quite the portly fellow myself but that doesn't mean I'm driving myself around all day. I understand that for some of the bigger people it would be a long hard day to walk that much because all of our family was tired at the end of the day, too; however, people would try to take these things up narrow ramps, bust through crowds, and give you the evil-eye treatment if they think you were in the way! Um, how about you walk like everybody else and then your pace will be the same as the rest of us? They morph from not being able to keep up the pace to being too fast paced because they have this magic motor machine! Again, these are not old or disabled people, just somebody who decided it was worth it to pay the money to ride for the day.

I can't believe how lazy America is (as I eat my hostess cup cake and wash it down with some more of my McDonald's 44 oz coke!). I think I'll go exercise now.

No comments: