Friday, July 25, 2008

64 oz. Dream

Is there anything more unusual than the simultaneous feeling of joy and disgust when you walk into the Maverik knowing you're going straight for the Torrent? On the one hand, you're thinking, "Ah, yeah! 64 oz of sweet nectar straight to the dome!" On the other hand, "Holy crap, I deserve to fall over dead the second I take a sip!"

Obviously the feeling of guilty pleasure overwhelms as I of course give in and go for it! I'm enjoying it right now, and if I let my feelings of guilt for pounding so much soda at once overcome, then I wouldn't be able to enjoy it! So I put those feelings away and gulp down a few more swallows.

Now, on the justification side, it is diet-Diet Dr. Pepper to be exact, the official Ball Family Drink-but there is no way that much soda can do anything other than give you a buzz for the rest of the night (which is what I need to stay up studying all night so that's why I bought it!).

Soda is such a pure addiction, I often compare it to smokers, except I'm one of the smokers who say, "I don't want to quit! I like it!" That's a problem since I should definitely quit (and smokers should too!).

Don't you just love hypocrites who say, "Quit drinking soda it's bad for you!" as they pound, yes, a 64 oz dream. Guilty as charged.

3 comments:

Chalen said...

I think that their must be a chromosome somewhere on the Beveridge DNA that is linked to soda-especially Dr. Pepper, as that is a favorite of my family as well.

Bree said...

Little do you know...it is so much better with NO LID!!! Ha ha ha

Rachel said...

Hi my name is Britton and I am addicted to soda.