Saturday, December 13, 2008

Rambo








So I'm up in Idaho Falls with Rachel's family over Thanksgiving and Rachel's uncle Garth says, "Let's go shoot some guns on Saturday". I'm thinking shotgun, handgun, .22, etc. He says, "We can shoot my new .50 cal". "Sounds like fun" is my reply. "You don't even know what that is, do you?" he responds. No I did not.

A .50 cal, as you can see above, is a mother of a weapon. The bullet was a solid 6 inches, the gun weighed about 50 pounds; so you're definitely not shooting clay pigeons with this thing. Standing about 10 feet behind the gun when it fires you feel like you're getting punched in the face with the kickback force. Pretty awesome power.

1 comment:

Aaron said...

I would wet my pants with joy.....

Would you like to go shooting out here sometime? I go from time to time, clay pigeons and stuff....pistols, rifles....you know.