Saturday, October 20, 2007

Jazz Preseason Oct 15 Original Post

I saw roughly the 2nd and 3rd quarters of Jazz vs. Suns tonight pre-season so it doesn't mean too much but I thought I'd post my thoughts for the forthcoming year. Obviously a review of game 1 will bring out true thoughts on our real players but since our scrubs are getting most of the playing time right now it'll be ok to comment on some of them. Wanted to note real quick that for the entire second quarter we had backups in and the Suns had their starters in so they build a 17 point lead. Weird running your starters all second quarter. As for us, Millsap as always looked great. I loved him the night that we drafted him and I continue to have a mancrush on him. Jason Hart looked better than Ronnie Price running the backup point in our system but neither can shoot worth crap. Problem is, Hart can't drive either from what I saw and I know that Price can drive so that might be a factor when the bench is looking for some type of scoring. CJ Miles continues to be as worthless as possible. I didn't get to see Fesenko play but I like what I've seen so far. Almond was decent in the second half as well.

As for the starters, we looked a little out of synch but considering this was Boozer's first game as a warmup I'm certainly not worried. Memo and AK actually looked in good form and D-Will does whatever he wants on the court pretty much.

One last note there is an article in today's D-News that the Jazz are obviously interested in Kobe Bryant as should every team be since he's on the trading block and he's the best player in the league. I personally don't like Kobe Bryant but I can appreciate what he would do for the Jazz. Basically a championship. He's the one player in a trade I would accept giving up Millsap for. I consider offering AK+Millsap+the NY First Rounder we still have as the best offer would could make without giving up our core 3 of Williams, Boozer, and Okur. I think that would equal a championship for a few years running if the deal were done. Obviously this is all dreaming but it's fun to speculate.

No comments: